Family Christmas Cookie 12: Cherry Hideaways
I’ve saved the best for last! These are an all-time favorite of mine, and a recipe that my grandma made every year for Christmas. They look like they’re plain bark covered cookies, but inside there’s a surprise – maraschino cherries!
Cherry Holiday Hideaways
- 2/3 cups organic shortening (butter flavor if available)
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup ultragrain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 48 maraschino cherries (well drained)
- 1 cup almond bark
This post is day 12 in the series Mayhem’s 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!
Tagged: christmas, cookies, dessert, family recipes